Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wish - Alcohol Inks

I created this card using Alcohol Inks, Embossing and Dry Embossing...

(Update: I've gotten quite a few request on how to create this look...
First use glossy white paper and alcohol inks (I believe I used all brown tone inks) to create the color, full strength. Then sprinkle the AI solvent lightly over it to bubble it up, use your tool to work it around, add more brown AI if necessary until you get the look you want. Then I used gold additive to give it the flaked feel. I use the gold mixed with the solvent 50/50. Now just run it through your cuttlebug and you've got it. (Note, some gold comes off on the folder but just use solvent to clean it off.)

6 comments:

For You By Me, Liz said...

Hey Kris
Can you share your tech with me? I love this card...

Robin said...

WOW! This is stunning Kris!!

Carrie Hudson Peralta said...

Oh, I so LOVE this card! I need to bust out my alcohol inks. Glad to see you creating!

Faye said...

Kris, I can't go a day without using my alcohol inks. You have turned out a most gorgeous card. Which part is dry embossed. It is all so beautiful.

Faye said...

OK. It's late. I finally enlarged your art and can see the dry embossing but I don't know what you used. Was it a brass plate?

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done!